Monday 10 February 2014

All About Foundation ♥



I've tried a few new foundations in the past year, and I thought I'd do a post on my opinions of them. Don't judge the change of colour against my hand, I have been different levels of tanned at various points this year!

Vichy DermaBlend in 35 Sand


Coverage- Full
Longevity- Short
Price Range- ££
Product Life Length- Long
My Rating- ♥♥

I really like how this foundation applies and how it looks on my skin...at first. The shame is that I find after a short while when I look in the mirror it sometimes goes cakey very quickly as well as fading away quickly. Maybe with the right primer, powder, or both this foundation could stay perfect, but it unfortunately doesn't for me all the time. At £15.50 I do think you get what you pay for, I enjoy the fullness of the coverage and it has lasted ages.

Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Brightening Makeup in Honey


Coverage- Light
Longevity- Short
Price Range- £££
Product Life Length- Medium
My Rating- ♥

This foundation is probably one of my biggest let downs because I was so excited about it and was then just so disappointed. I feel this would only work on skin that's pretty flawless already because for me, it's more like a tinted moisturiser consistency which isn't great for £25.50. I don't think it stays on for very long either. If my skin is feeling particularly clear and smooth, enough so that I don't even really need foundation (probably more in the summer) then I may find myself reaching for this one again, but until then...

Clinique Superbalanced Makeup in 03 Ivory


Coverage- Full
Longevity- Long
Price Range- £££
Product Life Length- Short
My Rating- ♥♥♥

I really loved this foundation. I loved the way it applied, the way it looked, the way it lasted. It's very very matte and I do really like a matte finish foundation. What I didn't loved is the fact that it cost £22 and ran out after about a month and a half. Because it doesn't have a pump, I found that I wasted a lot of the product when trying to pour it out, more would escape than I really wanted. For that reason alone, I regret to say that I wouldn't repurchase, but if that's not something that bothers you this is a great great foundation.

Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touche Éclat in B 40 Beige


Coverage- Full
Longevity- Long
Price Range- ££££
Product Life Length- Medium
My Rating- ♥♥♥♥

I haven't had this foundation long but I have died and gone to foundation heaven. I think. I love everything about this product so far. It has such a smooth and silky texture and applies so nicely .The coverage is so buildable and I do like a fuller coverage so 2 layers is plenty and does not look cakey at all, but it's also so easy to go light with this foundation. Its longevity is great as I find it to last most of the day on my face! I'm not sure about the product life span as of yet as I haven't had it that long, but I've used it pretty much everyday since I got it about 2 and a half weeks ago and I don't think it's gone down that much yet. It's £29 a bottle so a bit more pricey, but worth every single penny.

Dani Alexandra
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment